Sunday, 5 August 2012

Maine







After reuniting with Connie and Ed my host parents we had dinner in Bangor and then drove straight out to their holiday house(camp) just under an hour away. I spent the next couple of days relaxing, eating good healthy home cooked meals and having fun in the lake. There are so may fun things to do at camp and I spent my time swimming, kayaking, lying on the giant water trampoline and sailing Ed's little boat. I eventually made it back to town, went to a party and caught up with old friends and crashed in Mary's basement for the night. The next day I was straight back out to camp and had a great day with everyone and was joined by my host sister Cami, her husband Sam and their new cute puppy Tank. It was just another day in paradise with sun and water, good food and fun people.

After two more nights at camp I headed down to Bowden university with Mary to see our mate Karl who is working there over the summer(thanks to Connie who was driving south and went out of her way to drop us off) we stayed two nights in his small apartment on campus and had heaps of fun. During the day we explored the town and in the evenings we caught up with his mates for some drinks and had some fireworks as they had just become legal in Maine. It was sad to say goodbye especially after such a short visit but my next stop was NYC for four nights.

After all my travelling I have realised how much I like Maine. It is one of the places in the world where I feel a similar comfort I have from being at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment