After giving up on how to get the metro to the backpackers I am staying at I caught a taxi. The hostel "Young and happy" is in no way fancy, it actually doesn't have many good points at all but what it does have is the best location in Paris and cheap rates. I spent my first day in Paris walking all day sight seeing all the major attractions such as the notre dame, Eiffel tower, the louvre and the arc de triomphe. But my favourite thing about Paris are the pastries, I've been eating to many nutella crepes, macaroons and croissants.
My favourite part about staying at a back packers is the guy on the bunk above me snores the loudest I have ever heard in my life and then wakes him self up every 15-20 seconds because he can't breath also shaking the bed.
Yesterday I went to Versailles, a giant mansion and garden just out of Paris. It was incredible the size, it just never ended, I spent pretty much the whole day there on a tour learning about the history and how everything came to be, it was a good day and was nice to meet some other auzzies in the tour group as I am in Paris by myself.
So today I had a few things to do in the morning and am now wondering around the musee d'Orsay where I will spend a few hours before returning to the hostel grabbing my bag and making my way by train to the airport for my flight to Athens. I can't wait especially as I will re group with everyone!


Oh, the history of the city!
ReplyDeleteMr. Kerrigan I have been reading about your travels and I am currently brimming with envy!!
I hope you continue to have an awesome adventure :)