Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Porto Ricanati e Urbino

On Monday I took the train from Rome to Ancona where I met my friend Nayma. I met her at the train station and then she took me to her house in Porto Recanati. She showed me around the bordering towns, Sirolo and Numana. Theses towns are major tourist attractions in the summer because of the picturesque views and the great beaches. I have been eating amazing Italian food and 4 cafes a day! Nayma has an amazing and friendly family who have welcomed me into their home, fed me and helped me with my future traveling transportation which I am very grateful for. Yesterday Nayma and I met another friend Chiara and they took me to Fermo which is referred to as a 'borgo' which Italians interpret as a medieval village. Today we have travelled to Urbino which is a university town where Nayma has a small apartment. I am loving all the wonderful food, strong coffee and that fact I get to practice my Italian all day. Tomorrow I stay for one night with my nonnas cousin who speaks no english, I am nervous but very excited.

Urbino below

1 comment:

  1. che bella foto di Urbino. Spero che tutto vada bene oggi con Agnese e Romano

    ReplyDelete