Friday, 22 June 2012

Montefiore dell'aso e monte vidone combatte

Urbino was so much fun, the whole town has basically been transformed into a university with students living all around it much like the different departments of the uni. Nayma and I went out for Aperitivo at one of the small bars, then we had a second Aperitivo and finished the night with some late night pizza. It is such a fun lifestyle in Urbino, with the piazza being the central point we caught up with people throughout the night and stayed out till late. I also really enjoyed watching people get thrown into the fountain in the piazza.

So on Thursday morning I travelled to the small town of Montefiore dell'aso where I met for the first time my nonnas cousin Don Victorrio who is the priest of the town. Don Victorio lives with his sisters family and no one speaks English. My Italian really improved and found I was ok with the speed of the conversations but struggled sometimes with a limited vocabulary. So that day we went to visit the my nonnas town called Monte Vidone Combatte which is extremely tiny and sits on a hill with great views in every direction. After looking at where my nonnas house once stood we visited my bisnonno e bisnonna graves. It was a great day filled with adventure but very tiresome not being able to speak English. I said my goodbyes this morning and travelled back to Rome where I am meeting Adam for two nights of Rome before I catch up with everyone else.

3 comments:

  1. Mi piace moltissimo leggere le tuoi esperienze. Sono molto contento che sei andato a Monte Vidone per vedere i tuoi origini. Nonna sara contenta anche lei.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael,
    It's great reading about your travels, I hope you got some photos. we will keep stalking you!

    Happy travels
    Auntie Maureen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has been a bit slack in the last few days...hope he puts in an entry soon! I am dying to hear of his travels in the Amalfi coast.

      Delete