Sunday, 17 June 2012

Arriving in Rome

I arrived in Rome last night. Everything was running smoothly apart from when I missed my train stop and ended up all alone late at night at the wrong station. My limited Italian actually came in handy as some high school kids turned up and were able to give me directions. So as I travelled I got a chance to practice speaking but it was difficult as I was super tired from the flight. I eventually arrived at the PopIn hostel where to my surprise it wasn't 1:30 in the morning but actually 10:30pm haha oh and also that my reservation never came through so I had to fork out quite a bit to get the only remaining room which is a double bed in my own room. By this stage all I wanted to do was sleep so finding another hostel was not an option. Today is going to be great I am having an early breakfast then booking my train ticket to Ancona as the hotel is next to the central train station. Then I will grab my bag and be on my way

1 comment: